Sunday, November 29, 2009

I love Sweaters! Everthing must go!

So taking the inspiration from the original "I love Sweaters" post I put together these looks. Remember that any post with the EMG/"Everything must go!" suffix means that items are for sale.

The first look was the the cowl neck & the wide horizontal stripe sweater. Though I didn't have any thing black and white I managed to find something a little better. Deep, sultry, warm hues are a favorite this year. The sweater I found is reminiscent of MAC style black "young punk" mineralize eyeshadow. This sweater is a stand alone or pair-able gem. I chose to use it was a stand along piece accentuated with a leather obi tie belt (a GokiChan original... made by myself) , shades and matching velvet shoes. I purchased the shoes a long time ago, Highschool days, I have to admit and I never got any wear out of them. I'm sure if I had this sweater back then I would have wore them.

The sweater on the other hand was purchased in Tokyo during Christmas clearance sales... yes Japanese celebrate Christmas too (if not for religious reasons at least as a hallmark holiday). it's a Japanese x-large which means American Medium-large. It's made of an angora like knit material. It's extremely soft, lent free and not itchy like many sweaters. I have to admit I'm sad to let this pair go. It looks so awesome on the mannequin. However, I wouldn't fit it that well at this time...So, I extend my jealousy to the lucky buyer.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Black and purple cowl neck sweater 25.00







Photobucket

Purple velvet shoes Size 6 1/2 $10.00







Moving right along, to the sweater coats. This creamy white cable knit sweater coat is a dead ringer for the pic I found in the "I love Sweaters" post. It's also been one of my favorites because it's really a heavy one. All to often you get the sweater coats that aren't heavy at all. I always felt like if you were going to go through the trouble of wearing one you shouldn't have to put a light jacket up under it to stay warm... I know, I know... rant right? Anyway it's a ladies large. I bought it when I was about 3 bra cups smaller, but since the growth spurt (as I like to call it) it no longer buttons. So, now I hope it finds a good home.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Creamy White Cable Knit sweater coat 40.00







Now up under this toasty treat, I decided to pair it with a frilly sheer sleeveless top and a patchwork faux leather skirt from my hay-days. The top was a bargain find! Too bad by boobies did not agree it was as a wonderful. Not only does it not fit anymore but it's sheer so I'll save the masses from viewing unsightly rolls covered in delicate chiffon. LOL

The skirt was purchased when I had legs as sexy as the mannequin it sits upon, and I won't tell you how long ago that was LOL. (thank you treadmill for that fond memory) I wore it clubbing in Roppongi Tokyo once or twice. I was a stunner those nights and that's all she wrote. This skirt is a medium so about a size 7.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
White Chiffon Blouse Large 10.00







Faux leather patchwork skirt 7.00







This sweater coat was a staple for those chilly days when you needed something a little neutral to keep you warm. Since, I was going to beauty school at the time and was required to wear only derivatives of black or white... I decided to be rebellious and wear a gray sweater. My instructors weren't amused with my play on rules , but as a hairstylist they should've known we future colorist know what baby color two parent colors make LOL

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Gray Rib knit Sweater 12.00







Black hard wear Corset belt 15.00







Now!!! For the Coupe de Grace! One of the sexiest most fabulous items in the post... The "sweater dress". This little cowl neck side split number speaks for itself, no further introduction is needed. The belt can be found at my etsy website, which I hand make in several colors.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Cowl neck sweater dress mini Large 30.00







Happy Shopping everyone... remember if it's not for sale and you like it shoot me a comment or email. Maybe we can work something out

-GokiChan
Mega Pinky Love Shopping

0 comments:

Post a Comment